Monday, May 14, 2007

Off to a Ghost Town!




Good morning everyone!

After a lovely sleep-in (all the way till 8:00am CA time, that's 9:00 MST!), Eric and I are ready for another excellent chapter of this adventure. We will be going to a little town called Calico today. Apparently there used to be an old mine there and many of the old buildings still exist. As you all know, exploring places like this is a favorite past time of Eric and I, so we should have a blast. I will post pictures later this evening of all the things we saw today.

Another thing on the list of things to do today is that I think Amanda and I are going to go get pedicures when she gets back from her exam today. She suggested it last night and I think that is lovely idea! What a girly-girl I can be :)

Attached are three pictures which I took on the car ride to Hinkley. You must understand that this is a very long, very flat, very straight road through country peppered with sand, rocks, some more sand, a few rocks, occasionally some sand with rocks, then some rocks with sand...

Enjoy and I'll talk to you again soon!

Love,
Becky

1 comment:

Peter and Lorraine said...

Even sand mixed with rocks - or rocks mixed with sand can be an excellent site when you are on a travelling adventure! Enjoy every moment - including the girl time!

Love, Mom